The importance of knitted dresses in modern fashion traditionally increases from the start of the Fall-Winter season. Earlier we have seen in the collections mostly sweater-dresses, voluminous knitwear pieces which is nothing like long sweater, made from thin or chunky knit, one-shaded or with patterns.
New knitted dresses have many common features with other dresses, made from any other fabrics, including silk, satin, cotton, viscose, velvet and tulle. Many of them combine knitwear with other materials and can easily comply with requirements of evening or cocktail fashion, not to mention the casual outfit.
Fashion trends for knitted dresses Fall-Winter 2016-2017
- oversized cut – heavy dresses that complete your fall-winter look, making it cozy, casual and relaxed;
- long sleeves – fall-winter basic for everyone;
- fine spaghetti straps – to follow the nightgown trend;
- sweater dresses – good-old classic;
- grey knit dresses – the new black for cold season;
- multicolored stripes – trendy and funny;
- patterned knit dresses – not only Scandinavian print, but many other patterns;
- slits and cutouts – to feel free and sexy;
- baggy silhouette – a good fashion option for plus size girls.