Pisang Goreng is a traditional dish of Indonesian cuisine that those who love to relax in Bali have certainly tried. Tempura fried bananas can be easily made at home, especially if you have a deep fat fryer.
- bananas – 2 pcs.
- sugar – 10 g
- lime zest – 4 g
- tempura flour – 15 g
- sparkling water – 40 ml
- sunflower oil – 500 g
- condensed milk – 20 g
- coconut flakes – 4 g
- icing sugar – 5 g
- mint, physalis
- Peel bananas, cut them across into cylinders about 5-6 cm long. Cut each slice in half lengthwise.
- Wash the fresh lime, grate the skin.
- Make a batter: mix tempura flour with cold sparkling water, stir with a whisk until a homogeneous thick consistency.
- Sprinkle bananas with sugar and lime zest on all sides.
- Sprinkle with tempura flour and dip each piece in batter.
- Deep-fry bananas at 180°C, for about 1-1.5 minutes, until light golden color and crisp.
- Put the prepared bananas on paper towels to remove excess fat.
- Put drops of condensed milk into plates. Place 4 ready-made bananas on top, apply more condensed milk to each, sprinkle with coconut flakes. Place 2 more fried bananas on top.
- Sprinkle the dish with lime zest, coconut flakes and icing sugar.
- Decorate with physalis and fresh mint leaves.