Have you ever tried a jam that combines banana peel with onions and garlic in a recipe? And such a recipe exists! It is original, unusual, piquant, simple and will definitely impress your guests or family. You don’t need banana flesh for this delicious sugar-free jam, as all you need is the peel! So, you can eat a banana without throwing away the peel, thus creating an eco-friendly culinary zero waste.
Ingredients for 8 servings:
- banana peel from 5 bananas
- onions – 80 g
- vegetable oil – 100 ml
- ground black pepper – 7 g
- fresh thyme – 10 g
- ground red paprika – 35 g
- fresh garlic – 25 g
- bbq sauce – 300 g
- vegetable broth – 300 g
- Cut the banana peel into thin strips after stripping it from the inside, and cut the onion into half rings.
- Fry onions in vegetable oil until caramelized, add garlic, banana peel and continue to brown.
- Add fresh thyme, paprika, BBQ sauce, vegetable borth and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool at room temperature. Put in the refrigerator.
- Serve with focaccia or bread.