Incessant luxury and splendor of bygone eras, classic femininity of flowing fabrics and heavy layered tied skirts, new shapes and textures you want to touch, the range of alternative colors – all these features were among the fashion trends for wedding fashion Spring-2017.
If you are planning a wedding this year, you should know that among the trends there are more gowns with vibes of different past times. Gone are the days, when we could choose only the cut and design of 20s, 50s, 60s. Nowadays we can look into a more distant past, like Renaissance and Victorian eras.
In the last few years many designers often refused the so-called «cake dresses», that women were wearing in the 80s. A lot of brides preferred minimalist wedding looks with clean lines and ascetic design without all these frills, ruffles, flounces and flowers on the dress. But today everything is back to traditions.
The modern bridal fashion opened the door to the gowns with lush skirts, capes, bows, corsets, multi-layered skirts, the high low style, high collars. But that’s not all.
The main bridal fashion trends for Spring-2017
- wedding dresses with capes
- dresses with feathers – 20s or ballerina style
- bridal gowns with 3D-appliqués
- high collar wedding gowns – Victorian style legacy
- dresses with opulent multi-tied skirts – classic princess dress
- deep V-neck wedding dresses
- bridal gowns with big bows
- shades of pink for bridal gowns – from nude and caramel pink to bright fuchsia
- see through or «naked» wedding dresses – for the most daring brides
- dresses with a train
- corset dresses – another legacy from the past
- off the shoulder bridal gowns
- Renaissance and Victorian wedding gowns – voluminous skirts, laces, corsets and flared sleeves
- beige, lemon, gold and champagne shades – warm colors for your wedding gown